You Do Not Need To Be Turkish, To Be Seller in Amazon Turkey
Despite its emerging status, compared to its equivalents Turkey is one of the countries where Internet usage is actively adapted in daily life.
According to the “Digital in 2018 Report” of HootSuite 70 per cent of Internet users in Turkey believes that Internet is useful rather than harmful.
- 3 million of the country’s population (total population is nearly 82 Million) use the internet.
- The number of mobile internet users is 51.5 million.
- The number of active social media users reached 51 million.
- The number of mobile phone users has reached to 73 per cent of the population with a total of 59 million.
- The number of people using social media from mobile has reached 44 million.
- Mobile phone usage in Turkey is 98 per cent, 77 per cent use smartphones and computer usage is 48 per cent.
- Turkey on any device in a total time of 7 hours spent on the Internet, the time spent on social media is 2.5 hours.
- 84 per cent of internet users are online every day.
- 62 per cent of Internet traffic and 36 per cent of mobile devices come from desktops and laptops.
- 56 per cent of Internet users search a product on the internet and 43 per cent of them make purchases.
- The number of people shopping online was 31.7 million.
The last two items of the research reveals that, besides the usage of Internet, the shopping over Internet is increasing in Turkey as well.
The recently published official Turkish statistics from TUIK (Turkish Statistical Institute) supports such findings. According to TUIK, the proportion of individuals in the 16-74 age group who ordered or bought goods or services for personal use over the Internet was 29.3 percent in the twelve-month period of April 2017 and March 2018. In the same period of the previous year (March 2016 – March 2017), this rate was 24.9 percent.
The biggest e-commerce site Amazon discovered the potential of Turkey and recently launched Amazon Turkey.
Amazon Turkey Country Manager Sam Nicols stated that, “we are excited to offer our millions of products with more than a thousand local dealers in Turkey. In the coming months, we will be increasing our delivery options and our range of products and we will develop our activities in Turkey in order to provide the best customer service, ”
WHAT’S ON AMAZON TURKEY?
Amazon Turkey has 12 different categories and more than 1,000 domestic enterprises as “seller”. Amazon offers a free delivery option for orders of 50-TL and more.
WHAT ARE THE SHIPPING OPTIONS?
Amazon Turkey has 2 different delivery options: standard delivery and express delivery. In standard delivery, the products are delivered in 2-3 working days for Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir and Bursa. Other cities this period is 3-5 working days. 3-7 working days in rural areas. In the standard method, the shipping fee is 4.90 TL per delivery.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO OPEN A SELLER ACCOUNT IN AMAZON TURKEY?
- Credit Card
- Phone Number
- Company Registration Information
- Primary Contact Person Information
- Bank Account Information
The company registration information seems one of the most difficult conditions in the list.
IS IT DIFFICULT TO ESTABLISH A COMPANY IN TURKEY ?
According to FO Consultancy in Turkey, foreign people can establish a company without the requirement of a local Turkish Partner. The most advised company type for foreigners is LLC. LLC, can be established with a single partner and without the requirement of a resident permit.
To establish a LLC, you do not need to come to Turkey physically at the establishment phase. The process can be completed by a PoA (Power of Attorney) provided by the entrepreneur. Also, the below documents are required ;
- Power of Attorney for Company Formation
- The form of address declaration
- Passport photo of the shareholder
- Passport copy 4 pcs, officially translated to Turkish
All the above documents are required to be approved by Turkish consulate.
To establish a company an office is required. Virtual office is acceptable by Turkish law.
If you are going to live in Turkey, you also require having a resident permit. This is a separate process.
In the final analysis, it can be said that, being a seller in Amazon Turkey has a good potential for an entrepreneur. However, you cannot complete the whole process online, there is just one obstacle which is establish a company in Turkey. The famous American Politician Frank A. Clark, says that “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” In our case, I believe this small obstacle will lead you a market full of opportunities.